One Piece - Old World Tides

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old World Tides - RP from Pirates with Pirates for Pirates.

It's that time of the year!

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:55 am by Fuura

Yes it is.

For some it's snowy goodness, for some it's sunny festivities.
Christmas is happening just now and i sincerely hope, no expect, everyone to have a smahing time with family, relatives and …

Grand Opening on the Horizon

Thu May 24, 2012 7:32 am by Fuura

I know there have been a couple people already, who have been watching and have gotten very excited, and today, i am excited to say this:

Everything of importance is done and registrations are open. …

All done with rulemaking

Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:29 pm by Fuura

Yes, all done. With the main rules, as in the rulebook, application rules and creations rules.
The inventory and some minor topics stil need some work. But the main rule construct is all ready.

Rest …

3 posters

Red Scale Style

MG Ark
    MG Ark
    Pirate Captain

Red Scale Style  Empty Red Scale Style

Post by MG Ark Sun May 27, 2012 8:36 am

Style Name Red Scale

Weapons: Gauntlets, Fists, Skin

Description: A highly combative fishman style based around the usage of water and skin in the application of hand to hand combat as well as the fishman natural element of water being made into a prominant place while on land. All the while providing heavy close quarters combat (CQC) effectiveness primarily with the usage of fists and fist aiding devices such as gauntlets or other direct physical hand to hand enhanc(ers)ment. The combination of hand to hand ability and the use of natural fishman underwater familiarity creates a balance of incredible potential.

------------ Techniques ------------

Technique Name Nature's Land Fish
    Prerequisites: Stamina level 1, Strength level 2
    Weapon type: Hand to Hand
    Cost: 200

Description: The Fishman using this technique would be immersed in water at the beginning of the technique [required]. Upon doing so this allows for the water to be absorbed into the very skin itself during the time spent in the water soaking it inside of the actual body rather than just applying it in a way such as getting wet. Upon reaching land the fishman would then expell the water from his body creating a shimmering bubble of blue-white water that would appear very obviously to all around. This 'bubble' would allow for the fishman to move as if fully underwater for the duration of it's short lived presence

Last edited by MG Ark on Tue May 29, 2012 9:11 am; edited 2 times in total
    Fuura
    Fuura
    Admin

Red Scale Style  Empty Re: Red Scale Style

Post by Fuura Sun May 27, 2012 8:47 pm

Really not all that much.

"applying the fishman strengths to neutralize the fishman weaknesses" - That seems kind of worded unluckily - also you can't really just "neutralize fishman weaknesses"

For the technique, firstly, you got the prerequisites wrong, there is supposed to be listed what attributes one needs to have to learn it e.G. "Strength 1, Concentration 2" and not in which circumstances it's to be used. That is something that should be covered in the description.

As for the effect in itself, (besides the point that post counts are rather redundant, since posts are flexible in their "time", some bridge hours, some only seconds, and 2 posts, i don't think you get into a fight this fast to make use of the effect - things like this are fine to just say "a little while" and play their effect on your own decency) I'm not really sure if that is how it works. Fishmen don't need to be wet for their natural traits to be useful, they need to be in water, be able to swim, to move in it, to breathe it. Try to think of something else.
    MG Ark
    MG Ark
    Pirate Captain

Post by MG Ark Mon May 28, 2012 7:20 am

Apologies on wording I had meant a film to surround his body in a more than just wet way. It's not like he's just maintaining water on his body it's more like he's inside his own little bubble of water while on land for a short while. Also the ability is not meant to last long. It's supposed to keep him near a supply of water in order to maintain it. It's meant to be an imperfect ability. Though I believe those edits will be to your liking. If not let me know i'm more than willing to work.
    Fuura
    Fuura
    Admin

Post by Fuura Tue May 29, 2012 6:58 am

I don't really like the idea of the "[no negative attribute faults while the film is on the skin, no bonuses either]" part. That for one thing defeats the point of races, and also it does not really work that way - as i already said. Fishmen gain their advantage by being able to be in their natural habitat, move in it. The first part of it is fine, while also almost too flamboyant for that low of prerequisites. But only just - since not much is actually done. Keep it in mind for future techniques, the fancier it is, the higher prerequisites it needs to have.

Also, really, do get rid of the times - much like a limit of postings, that's not really helpful nor necessary. It's far enough if it's stated it lasts a short while, or a couple of minutes or something. Specifics are rather counterproductive to the freedom idea within the whole board. I expect people to be responsible enough to not abuse the ability to stretch and pick details like these by situation.
    MG Ark
    MG Ark
    Pirate Captain

Post by MG Ark Tue May 29, 2012 9:12 am

I think that just about puts things in order. I will keep your words in mind for future refference.
    Fuura
    Fuura
    Admin

Post by Fuura Tue May 29, 2012 9:44 am

That looks much like it. Approved.
    Skipper
    Skipper
    Admin

Post by Skipper Thu May 31, 2012 5:14 pm

Also APPROVED on my end.