One Piece - Old World Tides

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old World Tides - RP from Pirates with Pirates for Pirates.

It's that time of the year!

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:55 am by Fuura

Yes it is.

For some it's snowy goodness, for some it's sunny festivities.
Christmas is happening just now and i sincerely hope, no expect, everyone to have a smahing time with family, relatives and …

Grand Opening on the Horizon

Thu May 24, 2012 7:32 am by Fuura

I know there have been a couple people already, who have been watching and have gotten very excited, and today, i am excited to say this:

Everything of importance is done and registrations are open. …

All done with rulemaking

Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:29 pm by Fuura

Yes, all done. With the main rules, as in the rulebook, application rules and creations rules.
The inventory and some minor topics stil need some work. But the main rule construct is all ready.

Rest …

3 posters

Mini Mini no Mi

Victor Prowler
    Victor Prowler
    Pirate Captain

Mini Mini no Mi Empty Mini Mini no Mi

Post by Victor Prowler Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Devilfruit Name Mini Mini no Mi

Type: Paramecia

Description: The user of this fruit is capable of shrinking down to a smaller size, making it easier for him to interact with humans and smaller creatures, as well as gain flexibility in terms of avoiding attacks. It also seems that the users clothes along with their currently equipped weapons change size to match the effectiveness of the ability, thus they grow larger when the user turns into their normal forms. At its base they can go from their original size into the size of an Ant. The fruit itself has a fixed rate of change, allowing the user to change their form at faster rates with the higher amount of Devil Fruit Points they have. It is as followed typically.

Devil Fruit Level 0-2: The user can change into any desired form in a total of a minutes time.
    Devil Fruit Level 2-4: The user can change into any desired form in a total of thirty seconds.
    Devil Fruit Level 5: Instant change of form, swapping from small to large in a single second.

Last edited by Victor Prowler on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:32 am; edited 2 times in total
    Fuura
    Fuura
    Admin

Mini Mini no Mi Empty Re: Mini Mini no Mi

Post by Fuura Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:05 pm

While this is a simple fruit, you'll have some detailing and rephrasing to do yet.
    For one thing, please reform it into a general description not particularly tailored unto this specific character - we're working under the assumption and possibility that someone else might be getting/taking the fruit in the future if e.G. you picked up a new character instead of this or simply aren't with us anymore.
    It also makes differentiating it's abilities and such easier.

Second, there needs to be some more aforementioned detailing. Such as how long it takes to change size, how small is the limit etc. some of that might also be coupled to attributes such as concentration or your fruit-expertise, to open it up for improvement.

I know there are only two fruits so far that give any examples at all, but i believe they should hold a couple of pointers for you if you are unsure. (Fruits @ the Inventory)
    Victor Prowler
    Victor Prowler
    Pirate Captain

Post by Victor Prowler Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:31 pm

New concerns?
    Fuura
    Fuura
    Admin

Post by Fuura Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:39 pm

Two main things, yes.

For one thing, "posts" is a terrible measure of time. A post can span half a second or multiple days. This is more then spongy to make it the scale for ability durations o.s. Just put actual times in minutes, seconds, moments, something like that. In the end, how long it takes depends mostly on how it's played out, so we can afford to be a little bit liberal with that.

Also, "The fruits ability to compress size is not limited to simply aesthetic appeal, it has effects on both speed and strength the more condensed the user becomes." seems a bit unclear to me. I can guess what it's supposed to be, but guessing won't do. We'll need clear-cut explanations, so no room for sudden change of effects and capabilities is left. While i'm never expecting people to powerplay, it's always more desirable to rule it out in the first place - if nothing else, then at least to be fair towards all old, current and future applicants.
    Victor Prowler
    Victor Prowler
    Pirate Captain

Post by Victor Prowler Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:24 pm

Its stated in a manner specific to say what can and can't be allowed through the use of techniques. I can and shall add more detail on what that is. Also, I also found posts to be a horrible measure of time, however in terms of actual minutes and hours that could end up being quite disabiling. If you would be so kind could you suggest a minimum and maximum amount of time it would take? The reason for this is due to my inability to clearly see how it would be allowed without being instant. In terms of how its used in the game its instant. So I don't know. xD
    Fuura
    Fuura
    Admin

Post by Fuura Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:42 am

For times, a noteable couple of seconds for starters will be fine, and from there on out up to ultimate mastery it would be pretty much instant.
    I can't recall saying instant is not viable at some point. It's mostly a point to be clear on in case of actual competitive situations where things are actually happening very fast and it could actually make a difference.

As for "I can and shall add more detail on what that is." Depending on criteria such as "does it directly link to the core ability of the fruit or is is just a use of said effect" it may or may not be very much necessary to add more information in the description. or none at all, as techniques have no place in describing the fruit base ability.
    Long-ish rant:
    Whether or not this should be mentioned is thus a matter of what you want it to be. If it's a fancy use of the ability, no. That's technique. If it's something the fruit bestows upon the user, yes. Though, remember every fruit grants exactly one ability, so it should be hand-in-hand with the fruit ability so far.
    Victor Prowler
    Victor Prowler
    Pirate Captain

Post by Victor Prowler Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:35 am

As per your rants info, this info is now correct. I just need you to see if the times fit your liking. Also, as for the omissions of the techniques stated such as gears and all that, then this is all the fruit needs to state. The Compression ability was more like a technique. My bad.
    Fuura
    Fuura
    Admin

Post by Fuura Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:54 am

This looks good now. Times are acceptable as is. Though remember it's not a hard stairs system regarding abilities, expertises and attributes, but a seamless sliding scale. So if anything, the times will be guidelines, the exact capabilities and such will be subject to situation in game, style of play and your personal discretion with ability use (just like most other things regarding fair interpretation of attributes etc).

As such, i'll put my first approval onto this. Approved.
    Though you need a second opinion - i'm sure it's not much of a problem.
    Skipper
    Skipper
    Admin

Post by Skipper Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:01 pm

Alright, I see nothing wrong with this fruit, creative use for a large bloke, but regardless, I hereby bestow upon thee APPROVAL. You may pat yourself on the back for getting a dolphin's approval. Dolphins NEVER give their approvals.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:51 pm