One Piece - Old World Tides

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old World Tides - RP from Pirates with Pirates for Pirates.

It's that time of the year!

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:55 am by Fuura

Yes it is.

For some it's snowy goodness, for some it's sunny festivities.
Christmas is happening just now and i sincerely hope, no expect, everyone to have a smahing time with family, relatives and …

Grand Opening on the Horizon

Thu May 24, 2012 7:32 am by Fuura

I know there have been a couple people already, who have been watching and have gotten very excited, and today, i am excited to say this:

Everything of importance is done and registrations are open. …

All done with rulemaking

Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:29 pm by Fuura

Yes, all done. With the main rules, as in the rulebook, application rules and creations rules.
The inventory and some minor topics stil need some work. But the main rule construct is all ready.

Rest …

2 posters

Plant Plant Fruit

Hommie
    Hommie
    Applicant

Plant Plant Fruit Empty Plant Plant Fruit

Post by Hommie Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:25 pm

Plant Plant Fruit

Type:
    paramecia

Description: the user of this fruit can control plants and be a plant.

Controlling plants: Controlling plants is easy for the user using rose bushes nad grass anything mostly. There are some type of plants though that the user cannot control such as wood, and sea weed. The user can even control plants inside of a persons stomach. Controlling the plants makes them bigger and more deadly. Like a piece of grass can turn into a gaint piece of grass if the user will let it.

Being a Plant: Being a plant is easy. Getting shot or stabbed does not effect you at all. it hurts like hell but it doesn't hurt you. your body is like a plant itself. Flowers seem to bloom at your feet. [figure of speach] Being a plant user increases knowledge about medcial needs.

Limits: Of course there are limits to the users power. she can only control so many things. if she is controlling a part from her body she can't control the other plants around her. so basically when the user attacks with her arm she can only use another part of her body to attack and not the other plants around her such as a bush. how far can the users plants go in the users body? it matters actully. If the user is running out of power and energy then not that far. if the user has full power and energy. the user can't go like about 100 miles far though. that is kinda impossible but the user can go about 3 to 4 miles. when the suer is hyper nad energetic.

Last edited by Hommie on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:33 am; edited 2 times in total
    Fuura
    Fuura
    Admin

Plant Plant Fruit Empty Re: Plant Plant Fruit

Post by Fuura Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:59 pm

This seems like a decent idea. Though we have to rub it over sand paper a bit to get rid of the rough edges.

The thing that pokes me in the eye like a pitchfork immediately is, sadly this kind of power would NOT be a logia fruit. Logia are "nature powers" and while we could argue that plants are nature power, that's different. Pretty much exclusively all logia powers we know canonically are some form of "inanimated elemental". A most common sign of logia powers is the ability to completely vanish into your "element", making yourself impervious to physical harm.

As it stands there now, if anything, it's a paramecia power. While that's only terminology, it's important - otherwise why have different types with characteristics in the first place. So, I'm gonna assume it a paramecia power for the rest of this review, so you got something to work off of instead of changing Logia into Paramecia and then having to wait for further advice.

For a small detail: The description doesn't need to be parted if you write it smartly. And you'll have to restructure the description anyway, is why i am tossing that in, too.
    The main issue with the description and form i see is, you describe a whole lot of things that would be considered techniques.
    You can use your finger as a whipe and then have spikes on it that have posion on it.
    For example, this would be a technique. Specific single things you might be able to do with your fruit are considered material for techniques and not something that belongs to your fruit description.
    Your fruit description should cover the basics, like what kind of base powers it grants, what kind of changes might happen to the user's body, maybe the limits of the powers. Everything else, aka specific usages thought up by the user of the fruit, don't belong into the description, but should be made techniques.

I know it's not easy to hit the bullseye first time, with not many examples to go around - but it's mostly detailing here, so you've already covered the main part of the distance.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:56 am